Hey everyone!! This is it!!! The final discussion for our Revival readalong! Thank you to everyone who joined in the fun!! Everything is open for discussion here, so if you haven’t finished the book yet COVER YOUR EYE HOLES!!! Also, please let us know how you enjoyed the readalong & discussions…we’d love to keep doing these periodically and are always open to suggestions on how to make things better or more engaging. Again, thank you for joining us!!!
1. What are your overall thoughts on the book? How would it rate compared to other King books you’ve read (if you have)?
2. Is our world similar to THE MATRIX & that’s the real world? Or is that what the afterlife is actually like (within Jamie’s world?) Or something entirely different altogether?
3. Any favorite scenes from the book?
4. How about those Frankenstein vibes at the end? Do you think Mary Fay was named in honor of Mary Shelley?
5. Do you think this is an extension of the Cthulhu Mythos by Lovecraft?
6. Did you think King spent enough time in the “other world” or should he have expanded upon it? Would you want to see Stephen King explore The Null/Mother in future books?
Hey friends!!! Thanks so much for joining in our Revival readalong! How are you enjoying the book so far?! These questions are just a guideline…feel free to answer as many or as few as you’d like (it’s not a test!). Additionally, if there are questions you want to ask of the group, go right ahead! If you’ve read ahead, PLEASE be mindful of that and keep things SPOILER FREE!! On the flip side, this discussion is for chapters one through seven, so if you fell behind…YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
1. Have you read Stephen King before?
2. What do you think of Revival so far?
3. Who is your favorite character?
4. Did chapter 3 murder you with feels (IF IT DIDN’T, WHAT KIND OF GODDAMN MONSTER ARE YOU)?!
5. What is the “secret electricity” that Jacobs is using? Supernatural/higher power/placebo effect/a rift in time & space?
6. To this point, would you categorize Revival as a horror novel?
7. Is there any such thing as a reliable first-person narrator?
That’s a wrap!
What a journey Dan Simmons took us on! As always, feel free to throw down your own questions & comments!
Continue reading “Final Discussion – Summer of Night!”
Week 3, friends! How are you making out? Are you finding this an easy read? Tough? Too long?
THIS SHIT IS BANANAS!!! Continue reading “Summer of Night – Week 3”
Welcome to the week two discussion, all! How are you making out? Things got BONKERS in this section! And incredibly heartbreaking ::SOB::
Again, this is an open discussion, so feel free to ask the group any questions you may have too! Continue reading “Summer of Night – Week 2”
Thanks for taking part in our very first Grimdragon readalong!
Please feel free to post your own questions & thoughts in the comments! Continue reading “Summer of Night – Week 1”